Kim Jong Nam death: The saga so far
The saga so far
• A North Korean man carrying a passport that identifies him as Kim Chol, 46, is attacked at Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 at around 9am. CCTV footage leaked later showed that he walked to a clinic in KLIA2 on his own accord, but died en route to hospital.
• Reports first emerge in South Korea that Mr Kim Jong Nam has been poisoned by two female assassins in Malaysia.
• Malaysian police arrest Vietnamese woman Doan Thi Huong, 28, at KLIA2 as she plans to fly out.
• Police detain a Malaysian believed to be the boyfriend of the second woman suspect.
• Based on the man's information, police arrest Indonesian woman Siti Aisyah, 25.
• North Korean Ambassador Kang Chol says Malaysia is "colluding with hostile forces" after police turn down Pyongyang's demands not to conduct an autopsy and to hand over the body.
• Police arrest a North Korean national, Ri Jong Chol, who has a work visa from a Malaysian healthcare medication company.
• Police release images of four North Korean men caught on airport CCTV who are suspects.
• Foreign Minister Anifah Aman says Mr Kang's allegations "are culled from delusions, lies and half-truths".
• Malaysia recalls its ambassador to North Korea and summons Mr Kang to its Foreign Ministry to explain his harsh words.
• Mr Kang, in a second outburst, wants his country to be allowed to join probe, citing "grave human rights abuses".
• Prime Minister Najib Razak says he has "absolute confidence" in Malaysia's police and doctors, who "are very, very professional".
• CCTV footage of the attack leaks online.
• Health officials say preliminary observation from post-mortem shows that the victim had no puncture wounds and did not die of a heart attack.
• Mr Kang says the victim "fainted from a heart attack", and calls it a "natural death".
• Police want to interview a second secretary at the North Korean Embassy, and an employee of national airline Air Koryo.
• Police say the two women knew they were poisoning the victim.
• Mr Kang says if poison was used, why did the two women not die as they used their hands to smear the chemical on the victim's face.
• Police say there was an attempt to break into the morgue where the body of the victim is held.
Sent from my iPhone
Post a Comment